- The MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a post graduate degree that is awarded to students. The MBA degree is one of the most prestigious degrees in the world.
- Students of MBA program study theory and application of business and management principles. This type of study equips students with knowledge that can be applied to a variety of real business world situations.
- The main reason to attend school is to increase your salary potential and advance your career. Because graduates who hold an MBA degree are eligible for jobs that would not be offered to those who holds just a high school diploma, an MBA degree is almost a necessity in today’s business world.
- Business managers are amongst the highest earners in the country today. An MBA degree from a reputed Management School, almost always guarantees high salaries
Though business management courses are expensive, one can take study loan and if one passes out from a reputed institute, the loan can easily be paid off within two or three years of working. Therefore, one must ensure that one does one’s business management degree from a reputed institute and not from any low profile or unrecognized institute which have mushroomed in this atmosphere of high demand for business managers, and can provide only low value placements
The options shown below are some of the most common MBA degrees:
Graduation with Min. 60% OR Min. 60% in Graduation with Qualified UPSEE-11, MAT score, CAT Score.
Sales and Marketing:
- Provides a basic understanding of core concepts of marketing and sales,
- This segment is the largest employment segment for young management graduates/post graduates.
- Marketing is amongst the most challenging areas for young MBA’s and one where performances become visible immediately.
- High performers have a fast track growth path. Salaries start with 1.8 l.p.a. to 4.5 l.p.a. (depending on individual merit, company & job responsibilities)
- The program prepares students for careers in banks, financial institutions, as financial analysts, comptrollers, investment consultants and other top of the line financial advisories and professional opportunities.
- Banking, finance, securities, investment and insurance is generating a very large demand (known as BFSI Sector) and opportunities here in numbers & compensation are at par with marketing opportunities
- Salaries in average job positions ranges from 1.8 l.p.a. to 4.5 l.p.a. and for consultancy & advisory firms are among the highest in the entire entry level spectrum & no limits can be fixed.
Human Resource Management:
- The HR Managers are responsible for hiring, promotions, wages & salaries administration, personnel & administration work related to human resources of the company as well as for developing them.
- The emphasis currently being put on HR makes it a necessary and highly regarded discipline and a very satisfying one & relatively less of field job.
- Salaries at entry level range from 2.4 l.p.a. to 6 l.p.a. with excellent growth prospects for successful managers.
- Current management practices rely heavily on the use of information technology & ERP Software & variety of other management information inputs though well designed feedback & control systems, where MBA’s with good knowledge of IT are needed
- Further all software companies (amongst the biggest employers) need I.T. – MBA or similar other dual qualifications for management & business development activities by interfacing with end user companies, and generating more demand for companies’ products – it is akin to marketing in other spheres – and requires good knowledge of IT as well as marketing with sound business sense. Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite. Excellent compensation ranging from
- 3.l.p.a. to 6.l.p.a is offered and rapid growth opportunities exist for the really capable.
- The emerging importance of entrepreneurship and various opportunities it opens up. With tough competition emerging in every corner, more and more students are driven towards starting their own venture upon graduation.
- In MBA entrepreneur, a student has to open his own company in the second year. For that incubation center will be provided to the student for the office & research and every type of help will be provided whether it is from business perspective or legal advice for business.
- Today, one has an option to focus on this stream right from the scratch with the help of degrees like Entrepreneurship MBA.
- Entrepreneurship as a career option has evolved due to the cut-throat competition and dwindling opportunities in the formal sectors.
- Any individual who has a dream to do something on their own can seriously consider entrepreneurship as a career option. However, gaining valuable knowledge and learning the skills to start up a venture is as essential as acquiring a formal degree.
- The MBA in public Affairs program prepares students to respond to the growing interrelationships between the public and private sectors by providing a combination of policy-related skills and one or more business administration specializations.
- This degree program trains qualified students in a coordinated program of coursework in public affairs and an advanced business field.
- A Master of Business degree (MBA) in Global Management is one of the most commonly pursued programs.
- Classes in global management will typically feature supply-chain management, international corporate finance, international marketing as well as cross-cultural communication.
- Office managers with sister offices around the world are common career options. Global call center managers and purchasing agents are other career possibilities
- A candidate with a MBA in Operation Management would be able to look after a factory or other operations of the factory in a better manner as compared to others due to their competency and knowledge regarding handling the operations of an organization
- Operations managers pursue careers in service organizations involved in activities such as banking, transportation, insurance, and government, as well as manufacturing firms involved in producing industrial and consumer products.
- Typical careers in operations management involve activities such as forecasting, supervision, purchasing, inventory planning and control, operations scheduling and control, process methods and planning, quality management, warehouse management, and production planning in diverse industries such as banking, manufacturing, and retailing.
- Considered to be a part of Finance, insurance and risk management is now taught as a separate specialization in many top B schools.
- The course is structured for students who are looking for a career in the insurance industry or are interested in risk and hedging issues.
- Students generally get recruited by top management consulting firms for insurance industry acquisition and formation.
- The top recruiters are HSBC, GE Commercial Finance, Bank of America, Standard Chartered, ICRA, ABN AMRO, American Express, Barclays Plc, Citibank and Bank of America PAG.
- A specialization in rural management trains students to face the challenges in the rural co-operatives and development organizations.
- Job opportunities will generally be in the Government development agencies, NGOs and co-operatives, as well as donors engaged in promoting rural development at the domestic and global level.
Hospitality and Tourism
- Worldwide Tourism boom has increased the demand for professionally trained resources who can look into the operational, marketing and management issues related to this particular sector.
- The focus is on Tourism Economics, Environmental Issues in Business, Managerial Leadership, Event Management, and Hospitality Industry Management
- With the tremendous growth of economy, retail management has emerged as one of the fastest growing career in the country.
- The enormous expansion in the retail sector during the past few years has thrown up a big demand for trained professionals in the field. It is an industry looking for people at all levels, to the well qualified supply chain and retail management professionals.
Some job prospects in retail industry are:
- Knowledge management professionals learn how organization functions in order to manage them effectively. Master’s knowledge management programs have a curriculum that provides students with a firm foundation in business and other subjects like information security, database management and media management
- Master’s knowledge management students are qualified for a wide range of careers. Some graduates can decide to use their research skills to help companies streamline their operations, determine relevant information about their clients and protect company secrets. Others decide to enter the business consulting field
- Microfinance providing financial services to poor individuals, households, and communities by delivering financial services on the “micro” level as a means to promote economic development (e.g. very small loans, savings accounts for small deposits, etc.)
- Microfinance institutions ( MFIs ) are active mostly in the developing world, although some have established themselves in the U.S. and Europe
- Opportunities for MBAs are most plentiful at such domestic organizations, and at the management level within international development agencies, donor agencies, and policy / advocacy groups
- Career starts as a management Trainee after MBA.
- After management Trainee the second level is executive manager/assistant Manager.
- Than the middle level comes marketing manager, HR manager
- After Crossing Middle level, Top level comes as General Manager.
- A person can opt for a career after doing MBA in different Companies like FMCG, Banks, Automobile, Public sectors etc.