Placement @ HIMCS
A full-fledged department of ‘Training & Placement’ exists at the college to cater to placement co-ordination. Further, a centralized department of training & placement (T&P) of the SGI Group, headed by Director Placement Industry Institute & Interaction, operates from Hindustan College of Science & Technology & co-ordinates the activities of college T&P cells. There is also a ‘Corporate T&P cell’ located at the SGI Corporate Office at New Delhi headed by Director of Placement assisted by corporate relations executives who maintain close interaction with the corporate world for arranging placements and training for summer internship for SGI students. The college extends all the necessary cooperation both in case employers desire to send campus selection teams or desire to call a select few students for off-campus tests & interviews. For large intakes – pool campuses are also organized by collecting students of several colleges at one place for convenience of recruitment – a senior manager (placement & corporate relations).
A 30(+) strong team of dedicated T&P officials thus works 24x7x365 to ensure ample opportunities for all SGI students & maintain a vibrant interface with the corporate world to facilitate the process of recruitment.
As a result of Institute’s efforts, placement of students through campus selection has steadily increased during the last decade. Over 80 reputed companies like L&T, ITC Retail, HDFC Bank, Toluna, Steria, Unicon, Midas Software, Daffodil Software, VIP Industries, Aircel, Green Ply, Asian Paints, SBI Life Insurance, TCS, OTS Solutions, Brainsoft, Tata Consultancy, and UG Software have visited our institute for recruiting our students. The compensation packages offer ranges from Rs. 2.00 lakh to Rs. 4.00 lakh per annum in most of the cases.
- Invitations sent to prospective companies / organizations with relevant information.
- Job announcement forms are received and displayed at the notice boards along with any extra information provided.
- Interested students sign their willingness.
- CVs of interested students sent to the company’s organization with a tentative data for campus interviews, which is based on the student ranking.
- The company/ organization may confirm the data or contact the placement to negotiate an alternative date (which mutual consent and convenience).
- The company/ organization are required to furnish the final results of the selection as soon as possible after completion of the selection procedure.